Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Jeffery Archer's secret



 British author Jeffery Archer
 DNA 
Bollywood has always attracted the West. Be it the loud performances or over-the-top romantic numbers or the action-drama-comedy movies, the Hindi film industry has been a fascination for many. And British author Jeffery Archer is no exception to that. When asked if his books match the Bollywood style of films, he said, “I think my books would make a good Hindi movie.
Out of all my books, The Eleventh Commandment and Matter of Honour would make perfect Bollywood hits. I don’t mind if they adapt it to an Indian background.” The writer, who will be in town to promote his latest novel Best Kept Secrets seems to have a taste for Hindi films. “I loved Lagaan and Slumdog Millionaire, I could watch them again and again!” he exclaims. The trend has set in to draw a movie plot from books. So any filmmaker listening?