Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

TV actress Mouni Roy uncomfortable shooting intimate scenes

TV actress Mouni Roy uncomfortable shooting intimate scenes
Something as innocuous as holding hands with her co-star can make TV actress Mouni Roy uncomfortable as she’s still “the small-town girl” concerned about what her parents might think, she says.

TV actress Mouni Roy says she gets very uncomfortable doing an intimate scene, even if it means holding hands with her co-star.

"I get very uncomfortable. Wherever I go, whatever I do, I will always remain the small-town girl that I am. My first thought was 'Oh god, my parents are going to be so embarrassed'," the 27-year-old said in Mumbai on Sunday on the sets of her show "Junoon - Aisi Nafrat Toh Kaisa Ishq". 

Mouni Roy shot an intimate scene with actor Aditya Redij for the show.

"I remember when in 'Kyunki Saas Bhi...' someone had to hold my hand, I felt very weird," added the actress who grew up in Cooch Behar in West Bengal.

However, Mouni has learned to take it as professionally as she can.

"I just think it is work and has to be done, so be as professional as you can and finish it," Mouni said.

She won appreciation for her role of Sati in the TV serial "Devon Ke Dev - Mahadev".