Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

"Happy to be compared with Parineeti and Anushka" - Rhea

She is the newest girl in the block. To add to that, she has backing of none less than Yash Raj banner. Rhea Chakraborty, an ex-MTV VJ, is making her debut with Mere Dad Ki Maruti and if her song-n-dance routine - as evidenced in the film's promos - are any indication, she is pretty much fitting in well into the B-town.

Young and vibrant - Is that the best way to describe Rhea?
Well, there is obviously much more to me than just being young, vibrant or energetic. Yes, this may be a first impression that I could well be giving. However I am enthusiastic in a lot of other things. To start with, I am a deep thinker. I think and re-think stuff all the time. I am also very ambition driven. Also, needless to say, I am a big fan of acting.


In the recent past, YRF has launched quite a few girls and the ones who have managed to make a mark are Anushka Sharma and Parineeti Chopra. Isn't that something playing in your mind since you have big shoes to fill? Doesn't the weight of expectations turn scary at times since nothing less than the best would be acceptable?
Rather than being scared, I am happy to be compared with Anushka and Parineeti. If despite not doing anything before in the world of movies, I am lucky if people are saying anything on these lines. See, I like what Anushka and Parineeti have done so far. They are young, just a few years older than me and proved their worth as actresses. They are good performers and look good. Anushka has already done a movie with Yashji, something which half the industry must be envying. I am happy that these are people from YRF itself. They are my seniors, which reflects on the kind of talent that comes from Yash Raj.

While these are the women who have managed to create a place for themselves in the industry, you must have been inspired by men from the industry as well.
Whether you look at all superstars, be it Shah Rukh Khan or Ranbir Kapoor, they are crazy about what they do and are passionate to the core. This is the reason why when you look at them play another person, you fall in love with them. What is acting eventually? It is about audience falling in love with the character that you portray on screen. I am playing the character of Jasleen in Mere Dad Ki Maruti. If the film works and people fall in love with Jasleen, I would have a lot to cheer and smile about.