Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

I see myself as a sex revolutionary: Sherlyn Chopra


I see myself as a sex revolutionary: Sherlyn Chopra
Sherlyn Chopra

Sherlyn Chopra loves to be herself, the actress creates trends and her nude act for the Playboy magazine definitely pushed the envelope. In an exclusive conversation with TOI, the model-turned actress gets candid about sexuality, her bold image, Playboy magazine experience and her take on being termed as 'sex goddess'.


You are known for imposing a bold image. How do you define boldness?
To me, fearlessness is boldness. Being bold is about choosing to live with real integrity which compels an individual to make choices/decisions that lack fear and doubt.

How does it feel to be the first Indian woman to pose nude for Playboy magazine? Were you hesitant about the shoot?
It feels exceptionally awesome to have become a history-maker. The Playboy team that I had worked with for five days in a row had treated me as one of their own. Not once did I feel the need to re-consider my decision of going nude before or during the cover shoot. After the photo shoot, some strange mechanism had begun to take over my thought process. In a weird, surreal way, Playboy has played a catalyst in causing an unfathomable shift in my level of consciousness.

You are very influential on Twitter? What makes you so special there?
I speak from the heart. Joh baat dil se nikalti hai woh seedhe dil par lagti hai.

Unlike many, you are always very vocal about topics like sex, boldness in your attitude. What makes you different?
I don't see myself in terms of artifice. I see myself as a woman, who chooses to live her life in an open way, artistically. What would be a position of vulnerability for others is a position of power for me. I'm in control the most when I'm nude. Most people tend to think of the erotic as an easy, tantalizing sexual arousal. I speak of the erotic as the deepest life force, a force which moves us toward living in a fundamental way. I also see myself as a sex revolutionary. A part of the sexual revolution is bringing rationality to sexuality. I feel the older I get, the more I'm learning about the false interpretations of life which often mislead and misguide us through darkened forms of understanding of the human mind.

You are known as sex goddess in India. How do you see that?
Remarkably ridiculous!!! The real Sherlyn is no goddess and is more common than the girl next door. Seriously
.