Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

Alisha Chinai sings for Priyanka in Krrish 3

#
Actress and part-time singer Priyanka Chopra has always idolized Alisha Chinai. And the vocally generous soul that she is, Priyanka has never made any bones of her unabashed hero-worship of Alisha's singing.

In fact when Alisha finally sang for Priyanka in Karam in 2005, the song 'Tinka Tinka' in the film Karam became synonymous with the actress' smouldering sizzling femme fatale image.

At that time, Priyanka had told me, "Alisha is my singing idol. She singing for me is a big thing for me. And she sounds the way I would if I sang the song."

8 years after the 'Tinka Tinka' song, Alisha has been persuaded out of self-exile by composer Rajesh Roshan to croon for Priyanka in Rakesh Roshan's Krrish 3. It is a song that Priyanka was meant to sing in her own voice. However, the music deal for her international album prevents Priyanka from singing in any other form, medium or capacity.


Alisha, we believe, was roped in on Priyanka's recommendation.

"I've been keeping away from playback singing. There is nothing that enthuses me at the moment. I am happy to be away from playback singing in my little paradise in Alibaug where I stay," says Alisha who has been occupied with looking after her ailing father.

Rajesh Roshan met Alisha in Alibaug and offered her the number in Krrish.

Says Alisha, "I couldn't say no to Rajesh. I have a very high regard for his melodies. And the song was for Priyanka. I enjoy singing for her. I remember her telling me after I sang 'Tinka Tinka' that she had once come backstage with her father to meet me in her home-town Bareilly where I had gone to perform. Priyanka told me she had to wait for hours to meet me. That was sweet of her. And I loved the way she put forward the 'Tinka Tinka' song on screen."

About Priyanka's own singing career that took off recently, Alisha says, "I really like her music video. But I wish she would choose her songs a little better."

Alisha feels the future of the music industry lies in the revival of non-film albums. "Even today I am recognized for the Made In India album. I'm looking at doing an album of my own."